On Monday January 7 2008 at approximately 0230 hrs dispatch toned out for an activated fire alarm at Protection Fire Company1. Upon the arrival of the first police officer he reported a slight smoke condition with a burning odor inside. As the members arrived they began to investigate. OIC Bn Rose249 organized the searches. Chief Murphy230 Engine232 OIC DC Graglia and Engine233OIC FFChauffer Peters responded. Crews reported that it appeared that a power failure in the area had caused the building generator to run for sometime. The extreme heat from the generator began to melt the blinds on a nearby window causing a smoke condition with a burning odor. The same power outage also caused a 50amp breaker in the main electrical panel to fail and could not be reset. The DPW Superintendent will have the Township electrician respond to make all the neccessary repairs. All units were released shortly thereafter.Orange and Rockland arrived on scene as well and reported that the incident was caused by a flying squirrel striking a nearby power line.